An essential guide covering interpreting Academic job adverts, tailoring applications and interview tips.
This ebook will help you to become more attractive to employers when applying for an academic job.
Reading a job advertisement may seem like a fairly simple and obvious task, but the language of job adverts can, in fact, be rather baffling, especially for academic job seekers just starting out on their career. This section is intended to give a brief guide on interpreting what adverts
actually say and targeting your application accordingly.
It will show employers what you have to offer at the application, interview and salary negotiation stages.
This ebook offers step-by-step advice and also provides exercises that will get you thinking about your
career development and will show you how to improve your chances of landing that dream job.
This ebook will cover:
- How to interpret a job advert
- Tailoring your application, covering letter and CV
- Best advice on getting through the short-listing stage
- How best to sell your skills, experience and future plans in interviews
- Top tips on how to behave during the entire interview day
- The process of salary negotiation.