jobs.ac.uk organised a live video Q&A on the subject of ‘How to secure a job after your PhD’. Our panel of experts answered questions from our audience covering
- Tips for understanding what employers are looking for
- How to identify transferable skills from your PhD
- How you can develop your skills and gain experience for an academic career
- How to sell skills in an interview
- What non-academic options might be open to you
Our Google+ Hangout on Air ‘How to secure a job after your PhD’ was hosted by Aimee Bateman, founder of Careercake.com. Aimee is a successful speaker, business ambassador and recognised employment expert.
The panel of experts included Dr Chris Humphrey, founder of Jobs on Toast, a blog dedicated to helping masters, PhD and post-docs students find fulfilling careers outside of academia. Clare Jones, a senior careers advisor from Nottingham University and Dr Ioanna Iordanou, a PhD development co-coordinator from Warwick Business School and last but not least Dr Nadine Muller a Lecturer from Liverpool John Moores University.
For shorter videos answering individual questions, please see our YouTube videos below: