Have you always dreamed of taking your career abroad? Consult jobs.ac.uk’s two-part guide primarily aimed at those seeking to pursue an academic career opportunity in China. If you are a Chinese citizen who studied overseas and are now contemplating returning to China to work as an academic, this ebook is also for you. While the focus is on academic careers, many of China’s universities employ foreigners who work in administration, especially in the international office, as well as those involved in the teaching of English and working with the increasing number of international students that are coming to China.
Deciding to live and work overseas is a big step and it is important to do your homework. The good news is that there are many pathways that can get you to China.
What this ebook will cover:
- How to find job opportunities
- Presenting as a strong candidate
- Preparing for and succeeding at interview
- Returning Chinese scholars
- Chinese government initiatives
- How working abroad can advance your career
- Why you should consider an academic faculty opportunity in China
- About the author
This ebook is the first in a two-part guide – consult Part Two of this ebook for teaching strategies once you have arrived in China. how-to-pursue-an-academic-career-in-china-part-one