Essential advice and top tips for academics looking to expand their horizons overseas.
As an academic, you’re used to the idea of an international competition for students. At every university, there is a growing cohort of students from around the world and ongoing efforts to maximise the university’s international reach. From overseas satellite campuses to targeted recruiting, it’s an everyday reality.
But alongside these new opportunities for students, there are corresponding opportunities for academics – and, indeed, an international competition for the best candidates. This ebook from academic careers pioneer jobs.ac.uk will tell you more about the scale of the new global market, help you consider the pros and cons of seeking employment outside your nation of origin, and give you important information that will improve your success rate if you do decide to give working abroad a try.
This ebook will cover:
- Academics in the global job market
- Preparing for an international job search
- Carrying out your international job search
- How to present yourself as a strong international candidate
- Preparing for and succeeding at an international job interview
- Success: What you need to do before you go
Download the ‘The Global Academic Careers Guide‘ here.